There are times that many of us can easily feel overwhelmed by our workload or get hung up on the minor details – both in our work and personal lives. Its days like that when it’s best to think about the big picture.
Of course this is easier said than done. We let the small things trip us up as we’re working towards our goal, and it’s not until we’ve accomplished the task that we realize the insignificance of some of our initial problems.
All of us need to take a step back from time to time to see the big picture. Here are a few simple things to keep in mind the next time you feel bogged down:
- Have a clear goal in mind – properly assess what needs to get done before you dig into the details.
- Set a realistic timeline – do not put undue pressure on yourself.
- See the next best step – is what you’re doing now helping you reach your goal? If not, then change direction.
- Take a mental break – give your mind a few minutes to take in all the information when you start to feel overwhelmed.
- Reminders are key – go back and remind yourself of your original goal if you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.
We could all use some help dealing with the daily stresses in life. What are some of your tips?