MarketWave has enjoyed a fast-and-furious six months supporting the fantastic partnership between Scholastic and Oncor. Together, we launched Energy Savers, an educational program that teaches Texas children in second, third and fourth grade how to reduce their energy use.
The program follows TEKS standards and can be combined with history, math, science and language arts subjects. The knowledge children gain isn’t just beneficial for their academic success – it’s good for the environment and their family’s pocketbook.
But it’s not all hard work and no play. Students can play an online game depicting how energy is consumed and use the Energy Tracker activity to learn how an advanced meter tracks energy usage, which is the first step in conserving energy.
Some materials we enjoyed creating are:
- Internal communication toolkits for Oncor employees
- Energy Savers awareness materials (blog posts, social media calendar, lobby displays)
- Collateral flipbooks for Oncor employees to distribute to the community
- Website content and an interactive game
- Video showcasing the program in a real classroom
- Energy Topics (a fun spin on the popular Table Topics game)