The second quarter of 2017 was a busy one for Marketwave! Outside of our day to day, we have a few exciting announcements to share.
- 23rd Annual Communicator Awards – We received a gold 2017 Communicator Award of Excellence for our work on Baylor Scott & White Transplant Institute’s Annual Report in the category of General Medical Print Design. The printed report emphasizes how transplantation starts with organ donation, promotes activities and programs at Baylor which support and encourage organ donation, and includes information about Baylor’s expertise, capabilities and innovations in organ transplantation.
- Hermes Creative Awards – We took home two Hermes Creative Awards, an awards program for creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional materials and programs, and emerging technologies.
- Epic Health Services Public Relations – Our media relations work for Epic Health Services received a gold award in the category of Magazine Placement. Marketwave crafted a pitch focused on Epic’s priority to hire military veterans, and S. Veterans Magazine—a national print publication with a circulation of 105,000—asked our team to write a contributed article on the topic.
- Oncor Pathway to Power – To increase awareness of how electricity works and Oncor’s role in delivering this essential service, we developed a consumer-facing video for residential customers, city officials and the regulatory community. Featuring hand-drawn illustrations on a whiteboard, the video takes viewers through the electric delivery process, delivering them to the heart of Oncor’s purpose: Delivering safe, reliable energy to help Texas communities thrive.
- UNT Celebrate Mayborn Star Sponsor Award – At the annual Celebrate Mayborn event, Marketwave President and CEO Tina Young—a UNT alumni—was honored with the Star Sponsor Award. The event celebrates student achievements by awarding over $200,000 in scholarships and recognizes school faculty, staff and alumni.
- We’ve grown! – Join us in welcoming Art Director Kailey Junkman to our team! Coming to us from Agency Creative, Kailey has over four years of creative design experience and earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts in graphic design from the University of the Incarnate Word. Being very involved in her church, she donates her creative graphic design talents to the Mother’s Ministry. Outside of graphic design, Kailey enjoys playing in the world of superheroes with her son, Jase, and chowing down on her husband’s barbecue with a good glass of vino.
- #HitchinARider – Our Senior Communications Specialist, Amanda Rider—formerly Amanda Gleason—got married! With food trucks, corn hole, an elegant country-chic venue and Amanda’s fur child, Maverick, the wedding reflected the couple’s fun style. We couldn’t be happier for the newlyweds and had a blast celebrating with them at the wedding.