Overview of Role
The Account Director is responsible for leading accounts and developing new business to contribute to the agency’s growth and long-term client relationships. We’re looking for a strong writer and communicator to help deliver strategic and creative work that meets client goals for brand-building, thought leadership, lead generation and employee engagement. An emphasis will be placed on this leader’s writing and PR skills and experience, and the ability to deliver innovative ideas, develop strong client relationships, bring in new accounts, manage budgets and achieve consistent profitability in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a flexible work environment with a hybrid schedule that pairs in-office days with work-from-home days. Our culture is fun, collaborative and rewarding, and our team has a growth mindset as well as a heart for giving back in the community.
Internal: The Account Director will interact with the Client Services team including specialists and other account management staff, as well as the Creative Director and the design team to deliver high-quality work for our clients. This person will make client recommendations, stay up to date on the client’s industry and trends, and drive team success.
External: The Account Director will have direct client contact on various accounts as assigned, and will lead a minimum of three accounts, in addition to helping the agency in sales pursuits.
- Serve as client relationship manager and trusted advisor on accounts in the energy, healthcare, commercial real estate and enterprise technology space.
- Write external communications pieces including: newsletter copy, social media content, blogs, video scripts, website content, presentation talking points and client communication.
- Lead account teams to achieve program goals and secure contract renewals
- Oversee the translation of strategy into comprehensive communications and marketing plans, milestones and deliverables
- Research and analyze information about clients’ industries, products/services and position in order to understand target audiences and formulate thoughtful recommendations
- Demonstrate servant leadership to help others develop and meet goals
- Present work to clients with strong presentation skills in order to sell in ideas
- Stay current with trends in the branding, PR and marketing space, as well as industry trends impacting your client’s business
- Leverage and grow professional network to uncover new sales leads
- Contribute to agency sales goals by assisting with new business pitches, responding to RFPs and developing winning proposals
- Demonstrate strong understanding of digital marketing best practices and channels; leverage digital strategies as part of integrated marketing efforts
- Understand integrated marketing strategies including: earned, owned, paid and shared
- Manage projects, timelines and budgets to deliver on agency profitability targets
- Display close attention to detail to ensure all work leaves the agency with flawless execution
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or English (writing must be a core strength)
- Portfolio of work representing 7-10 years of experience in PR, marketing, advertising or similar; agency experience preferred.
- Experience in healthcare, energy and/or enterprise technology is a plus.
Want to join us?
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join the Marketwave team. Please send your resume to email@example.com.