Leading energy company selects Marketwave for TX market visibility
- Strategic work upfront resulted in a strong program foundation
- 4 mil+ impressions over course of campaign
- Consistently exceed KPIs across all initiatives
- Earned a Platinum MarCom award
In 2020, Marketwave was hired by San Diego-based Sempra, a leading North American energy infrastructure company, to help them build brand awareness in Texas among their key stakeholders. While Sempra had been in Texas for more than 20 years, recent growth and strategic priorities were happening in Texas, yet Sempra had limited name recognition in the state. Initially, the campaign was going to leverage industry events and Sempra’s role at each. However, after the pandemic halted in-person gatherings, Marketwave quickly adapted and shifted strategy to increase awareness and connect with important stakeholder audiences through earned, owned and paid media.
One of our first steps in supporting Sempra in Texas was conducting benchmark research to establish KPIs for our program. From there, we wrote and finalized their strategic message map for Texas—which focuses on three key pillars—and presented an integrated plan and creative platform to introduce Sempra to their key constituents in Texas and distinguish state news within their corporate marketing channels.
In support of the campaign we:
- Developed a Texas landing page within the corporate site to house news and updates related to their Texas business objectives.
- Utilize Sempra’s corporate social channels to convey up-to-date Texas content, social graphics and consistently use an #OurEnergyBehindTX hashtag to create measurement opportunities.
- Wrote and produced a video series to underscore the pillars of our campaign and tell the brand story in a meaningful, engaging way.
- Created and distributed newsletters that inform and educate Sempra’s key audiences.
- Ran a paid media campaign to increase followers across social channels, drive site traffic and build brand awareness in major Texas cities.
- Supported their title sponsorship at the 35th annual virtual Gulf Coast Power Association (GCPA) fall conference where we prepared their speakers, produced video that was played at the conference and designed the components of their virtual booths for networking.
successful email delivery
average open rate
average click-thru rate
for each post
2 mil +
We have measured our results every step of the way and captured monthly updates to guide our programming and strategic recommendations. As a result, we have exceeded all of our KPIs set early on and have been recognized for our results, earning a Platinum MarCom award for our work in less than a year. Most importantly, our success in 2020 is being used to drive our planning in 2021 and we are able to capitalize on the momentum achieved to continue to communicate Sempra’s commitment and success in Texas.