New Home, New Talent and New Branding for a Top-Tier Triple-Net REIT
- Developed a modern, sophisticated brand for the company to boost recruiting efforts and execute growth plan after headquarters move
- Planned and executed an open house event to showcase new HQ
- Increased online visibility exponentially
Spirit Realty, a large Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), relocated its headquarters from Scottsdale, Arizona, to Dallas for the Texas business-friendly climate and workforce talent pool. Many long-time employees chose not to make the move, and Spirit needed to restaff across the board. They wanted an updated look to go with its new location – one that would also attract a young, talented demographic that could grow with the company. Spirit’s leadership came to Marketwave for help.
We developed Spirit’s new brand platform through our Brandwave process. The goals were to update the company’s image, present the company as financially sound and build trust. The key messages that emerged addressed three distinct audiences: investors, employees and tenants.
We then provided comprehensive branding services:
- Strategic planning
- Corporate branding
- Recruitment marketing
- Print collateral
- Employee volunteer program
increase in LinkedIn followers
in six months
new Twitter followers
in six months
followers on LinkedIn
and Twitter in 2019
Our efforts exceeded Spirit’s expectations.
- Brand voice stresses experience, professionalism and transparency
- The company’s headquarters, website, social messaging and onboarding materials reflect new branding
- An elegant cocktail reception coordinated by our team elevated the new brand, celebrated the move and honored employees
- Spirit met its hiring goals and continues to attract top talent
- We elevated Spirit’s online visibility, boosting social media interaction