In 2019, Dallas-based Mohr Capital, a privately owned commercial real estate investment firm, turned to Marketwave for brand strategy and lead generation followed by public relations and social media support. Despite an experienced leadership team, the firm had limited brand awareness and their potential deal partners didn’t know about their remarkable portfolio of real estate transactions in major markets. There was also some brand confusion because the company’s founder was also the founder of Mohr Partners, a commercial real estate tenant brokerage firm that shared the Mohr name. It was important to distinguish the investment entity from the tenant brokerage and to emphasize that Mohr Capital executed transactions independent of the tenant representation company.
As always, we started with our Brandwave approach to a strategic discussion about the brand, its purpose and what makes it unique or better than its competitors. From there, we:
- Established an updated brand platform, style and tone.
- Refreshed the logo and supporting identity package to build brand awareness and distinguish and separate it from the Mohr Partners brand.
- Supported their sales cycle through regular email newsletters to showcase key projects across the country, increase executive visibility and credibility, and capture company milestones.
- Built a PR pipeline and supporting pitch angles around key projects and milestones.
- Identified thought leadership opportunities for bylined articles and op-ed pieces.
- Repurposed content for social media, increasing followers, building brand awareness and establishing a regular frequency for posts.
- Wrote, designed and launched a new website that conveys the strength of the Mohr Capital brand, their executive team and their projects.
The email newsletters consistently outperformed the industry average open and click through rates and the PR effort resulted in executive profiles, company stories in key markets and bylined story placement in key industry trades. The brand refresh solidified their position in the investment space and provided additional credibility to their work as they entered new markets, attracted new deal partners and grew their team.